The commentary here covers detail not included in the stories on this website. The commentary intentionally challenges normal viewpoints. I keep it up-to-date.
- How to build a product website that sellsThis is a quick demonstration of how to increase visitors, create more sales from them, and reduce your own costs. The keys are good usability, technical implementation and carefully designed content.
- CITP Chartered IT Professional, salaries – get better benefitsI became a BCS Chartered IT Professional 14 years ago. My effective salary has tripled, but with CITP I got other benefits. But CITP wasn’t what I expected.
- Intelligence research specialist jobs – 14 tips for survivalIntelligence research specialist jobs focus on narrow areas that require high expertise. Here are some of the perils and tips for coping and survival.
- Intelligence agencies – shed the introverted thinkingIntelligence agencies have introverted thinking. They adapt to new threats & technology, but their attitudes are a danger to themselves, the public and peace.
- Intelligence work needs a “duty of care” to the publicSecret intelligence can hurt the innocent. Intelligence workers should have a duty of care to everyone with whom they come into contact.
- Intelligence challenges: hidden agendas in the secret stateIntelligence processes were introduced for the State to gain advantage over its adversaries. But states have hidden agendas, including against their own people.
- Obsessive secrecy in intelligence agencies – the dangersObsessive secrecy dominates the work of intelligence agencies as well as some areas of commercial intelligence. Obsessive secrecy is an ethical challenge.
The artwork on these posts is from Death Valley, in the USA. The photographs are by Adrian Cowderoy, using a Bronica GS-1.