Stories and ideas, exploring the challenges and ethics of the intelligence sector, and how we can learn from it.
While writing my novels, I peered through the secret windows of the intelligence profession to understand the experts behind today’s operations. I discovered young professionals, struggling to cope with a dangerously changing world, and searching for hope. There are stories here to help them.
I also found ideas that can be reused in commercial projects, to help handle complexity and unknowns.
Latest short stories
- “Fightback” – manage a technology failure – a case studyA technology failure. This is a case study of a quality assurance manager facing his worst nightmare, and how he reacted. It’s an example of intelligence-based project management.
- “Today will be different” – an example of too many unknownsToo many unknowns in your project? Here’s an example of how to stop them swamping a project. It illustrates the importance of timing big decisions.
- Sweet and Sour Chaos – escape from an intelligence agency to industrySweet and Sour Chaos is a story of an intelligence analyst trying to find a “purpose” after escaping from an intelligence agency. Konstantina must save her colleagues from a disaster.
- Drumhead Trial – an example, and 6 ways to fight it“Drumhead Trial” is a short story of an intelligence researcher who gets blamed for someone else’s choices. Included are 6 tactics for fighting back.
- Work to high standards
- Commit to continual learning
- Help others to achieve their dreams
- Build an effective team
- Manage unknown unknowns
- Protect the business
- Watch for innocents touched by your activities
- Be wary of the impact of extreme secrecy
- Continually build on public trust
About Adrian Cowderoy
I am entirely independent of the intelligence services, and always have been.
My fiction writing is inspired by the struggle of young professionals to make a better world.
My application of intelligence techniques to project risk management, is to help us cope with extreme challenges.— Adrian Cowderoy, story-teller, innovator and Chartered IT Professional